How to Drive A Manual Car?
How to drive a manual car - a quick and easy guide with pictures
Although manual gearboxes are commonplace, automatic gearboxes are increasingly popular –and the art of driving a stick shift (as the Americans would say) might be in danger of dying out.
Before you start
Typically, manual cars will have three pedals: clutch, brake, and accelerator (in that order, left to right).
The brake and accelerator pedals are pretty simple - press the brake to slow down (the firmer you press it, the quicker you’ll lose speed), while using the accelerator increases the engine’s revs and causes you to speed up (the firmer you press it, the quicker you will speed up).
The clutch pedal is the one that makes driving a manual car more difficult than an auto.
Without going into too much detail, the clutch is essentially two metal plates that connect the engine to the drive wheels.
So by pressing down on the clutch pedal, you’re disconnecting the engine from the wheels.
How to drive a manual car in nine steps
1. Getting in the car and put on your seatbelt.
2. Put the key in the ignition and turn all the way until the engine starts.
3. Put the clutch pedal down (this the pedal on the left).
4. Move the gear stick into first gear.
5. Use your right foot to press down on the accelerator gently to increase the engine’s revs vary slightly.
6. Slowly lift the clutch pedal using your left foot until it starts to vibrate gently.
7. This vibration is known as the car’s “bite point” - this is where the clutch plates start to come together.
8. Remove the handbrake and the car should start to move slowly.
9. Increase the revs while slowly raising your foot off the clutch unit you are moving forward with only the use of the accelerator pedal.
Remember - if you’re too quick lifting your foot off the clutch, or don’t give it enough revs, the car will stall: that’s where the engine cuts out and the red lights glow on the dashboard.
If you stall apply the brakes, turn the engine off, return the gear stick to neutral and begin the process again.
Go to the following and seek the Car Exterior Accessories product for your car: https://senzeal-auto.com/c/exterior-accessories-0373